1 General Introduction, definitions and stipulations
1.1 “Unibet" is Trannel (International) Ltd, a company duly registered on 28 March 2000 under the laws of Malta, with Company Registration No. C 26127, and having its registered office and business address at Level 6 - The Centre, Tigne Point - Sliema, TPO 0001 – Malta; email firstname.lastname@example.org; website www.unibet.com.
1.2 The “Unibet Rules" are the terms and conditions constituting the complete, final and exclusive agreement between the Account Holder and Unibet, and governing the contractual relationship between Unibet and the Account Holder. The Unibet Rules supersede and merge all prior agreements, representations and understandings between the Account Holder and Unibet. By opening a Unibet Account, registering, logging-in, using the Services, participating in the games, or accepting any Prize, a visitor or an Account Holder fully understands and agrees:
- a. to become a party to the Unibet Rules,
- b. that he/she has read, understood and will be adhering to these Terms and Conditions, and
- c. that he/she shall abide by all its terms.
Unibet may update, amend, edit and supplement the Unibet Rules at any time. Any substantial amendment to the Unibet Rules shall be notified in advance by Unibet to the Account Holder before coming into effect.
All references in the Unibet Rules to the singular shall include the plural and vice versa. All references to “the” shall include “a/an” and vice versa.
1.3 An “Account Holder” is an individual having a contractual relationship with Unibet by creating a Unibet Account on the Website.
1.4 A “Unibet Account” is an account held by an Account Holder, for bona fide transactions, with a strict aim to establish a normal commercial relationship with Unibet and with the strict purpose of conducting betting and other gaming and gambling transactions.
1.5 The “Contract” is the contractual relationship between Unibet and an Account Holder and shall be constituted under and governed by the Unibet Rules i.e. the "Terms and Conditions".
1.6 The "Governing Authorities" are the authorities of Malta.
1.7 The "Governing Law" is the law of Malta.
1.8 The "Place of the Contract" is Malta.
1.9 The “Regulator” is the Malta Gaming Authority, which is a regulatory authority established by Maltese law to govern all forms of gaming in Malta. For more information, please go to www.mga.org.mt.
1.10 The "Website" is the internet gateway accessible through the internet address www.unibet.com where all current and relevant information regarding Unibet's operations is published, and through which the Services are provided to the Account Holders.
1.11 The “Services” are the gaming and betting offers provided by Unibet to the Account Holder through the Website.
1.12 The "Gaming and Betting Duty" refers to the special tax applicable on gaming and betting in Malta.
1.13 A "Card" refers to all types of cards with a function of "payment", "charge", "debit", "credit", "virtual" and/or similar.
1.14 A "Payment Solution Provider" is an intermediary acting as a payment agent for various different payment methods.
1.15 A "Financial Institution" is a bank and/or other institution regulated by an applicable domestic financial services Act or similar.
1.16 “Force Majeure" refers to any occurrence or condition beyond one's reasonable control which leads to a delay or default in the performance of the affected party's contractual obligation and shall, for the purposes of the Unibet Rules, include Acts of God, government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any necessary licence where such denial or cancellation is made through no fault of the affected party), wars, outbreak of hostilities, riots, civil disturbances, insurrections, acts of terrorism, fire, explosions, floods, theft, malicious damage, strikes, lockouts, and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party whose performance is affected.
1.17 “Client Application” shall mean the web browser application opened by the Account Holder in order to use the Services.
1.18 “Software” shall mean all software used by Unibet to offer and/or operate the Services and/or run the Client Application.
1.19 A “Prize” is an amount, a bonus or a reward that can be won by the Account Holder.
1.20 An “Inactive Account” is a Unibet Account which has not recorded any log-in and/or log-out for a period exceeding 12 consecutive months.
1.21 "Irregular Practices" mean the following practices:
- Use of any promotional or bonus value on a Unibet Account by an Account Holder in the bonus feature or the bonus stage of a game with the sole purpose of completing the bonus or progress stage of such game with a cash balance (“Bonus Parking”); or
- Placing a series of bets by an Account Holder, either alone using one Unibet Account or together with other Account Holders (using their Unibet Accounts), in conjunction with a promotion (including but limited to bonuses, free bets or any other promotional offers) that has resulted or will result in a profit for the Account Holder, or other Account Holders, irrespective of outcome (“Backing All Outcomes”). An example of this Backing All Outcomes practice is placing a bet on a roulette game on red and black simultaneously; or
- Once an Account Holder has won twice or more than twice the amount of any promotional or bonus value in a specific game, continuing to play such game or other games using only a very small proportion or proportions of the won promotional or bonus value with the aim of gradually increasing the promotional or bonus value (“Bonus Building”).
1.22 All trademarks, service marks and trade names as well as images, graphics, text, concepts or methodologies (collectively the “Intellectual Assets”) found on the Website, the Client Application and the material contained therein are the exclusive property of Unibet and/or Unibet’s suppliers and partners. The Account Holder is not entitled to exploit or otherwise use any Intellectual Asset for whatever purpose, except for what is allowed by law.